Create a Lasting Legacy at Chemeketa
Touch the lives of others while creating a lasting legacy. Find peace of mind through a wide variety of tax benefits while helping Chemeketa Foundation achieve its goals for current and future generations
You may be looking for a way to make a significant gift to help further our mission. A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust. It is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can support the Chemeketa Foundation.more
Monday March 30, 2020
Peak IRS Filing Season after Presidents Day Holiday
However, the average refund was slightly higher. The average refund as of February 7, 2020, was $1,952. This is up from $1,949 at this time last year.
Most tax returns so far have been e-filed. Self–preparers e-filed approximately 17.18 million returns as of February 7. This is up 3.5% compared with last year.
Tax professionals e-filed 10.59 million returns as of February 7, 2020. This number is down 3.7% compared with last year.
In IR-2020-30, the IRS offered tax tips and urged taxpayers to avoid the late February tax rush.
- IRS.gov to Track Refunds - The IRS reports that nine out of ten refunds are issued within 21 days. You can use the “Where's My Refund?” tool on IRS.gov or the IRS2Go app to check your refund status. You also can call the IRS refund hotline at 800–829–1954.
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) - If you qualify for the EITC or ACTC, you also may use the "Where's My Refund?" tool to track refunds. The EITC and ACTC refunds cannot be issued before February 15. Most of these refunds will be available by the first week of March.
- Tax Help or Tax Questions - If you have questions about taxation, there are multiple tools on IRS.gov that will help you. You can use the Interactive Tax Assistant, Tax Topics, Frequently Asked Questions or Tax Trails for quick and useful answers.
- Free Tax Software - The IRS Free File program is available for taxpayers with 2019 incomes under $69,000. If you are a taxpayer who qualifies, go to IRS.gov and select a Free File software program to complete your taxes.
- Trusted Tax Professional - If you would like help finding a tax professional, visit IRS.gov. There is guidance on how to select a qualified tax professional on IRS.gov/chooseataxpro.