Create a Lasting Legacy at Chemeketa
Touch the lives of others while creating a lasting legacy. Find peace of mind through a wide variety of tax benefits while helping Chemeketa Foundation achieve its goals for current and future generations
You may be looking for a way to make a significant gift to help further our mission. A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust. It is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can support the Chemeketa Foundation.more
Life Estate Reserved
You may desire to leave your home or farm to Chemeketa Foundation at your death but would also like to receive a current charitable income tax deduction. A life estate reserved might offer the solution you need!
Benefits of a life estate reserved
- Receive a federal income tax deduction for the value of the remainder interest in your home or farm
- Preserve your lifetime use and control of your home or farm
- Create a life estate based on more than one life. This will preserve the use of the property for you and a loved one, such as a spouse or dependent child
How a life estate works
- You deed your home or farm to Chemeketa Foundation. The deed will include a provision that gives you the right to use your home or farm for the rest of your life and that of any other life estate party named in the deed.
- You and Chemeketa Foundation sign a maintenance, insurance and taxes (MIT) agreement to explain that you will do your best to keep the property in good condition and that you will maintain property insurance and pay the property taxes.
- When the owners of the life estate have passed away, your home or farm will belong to Chemeketa Foundation. We will use or sell the property to further our charitable work.
To learn more about a life estate, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer your questions.